GALLERY

The Market House

Situated in Conway Square in Newtownards was formally the town hall and market house. Today it is used by the Borough Council. as an Arts Centre. Built in 1765 by Alexander Stewart who at that time was the landowner of the town and surrounding townlands. His descendants became the Marquesses of Londonderry with the family seat at Mount Stewart.