GALLERY

Mount Stewart

The family seat of the Marquesses of Londonderry, sits within the demesne of approximately 900 acres. There was a large white house on the site and was demolished to make way for the present building. The west wing of the house was commenced in 1805 by the 1st Marquess of Londonderry and the main entrance and east wing were completed by the third Marquess of Londonderry in 1845. The house, gardens and demesne are now owned by the National Trust.