GALLERY

The Old Priory

The Dominican Friary of Villa Nova was founded about 1244 and became a place of much importance.. Built by Sir Robert Savage a Norman Knight. In a state of dereliction in 1606, it was repaired and used by Sir Hugh Montgomery the Scottish settler. He added the tower at that time.The remains of the priory may be seen in Court Street in Newtownards